Castle

Reviews, Recommendations, Pans

Moderator: Moderators

Windwalker
Site Admin

Re: Castle

Post by Windwalker »

bretonlass wrote:Just to say that this week's Castle was made of everything awesome. It was an episode about a reseacher at SETI found dead by decompression, and it was full of X-File-ish references.
//
And I had a fangirlish *squee* as I realized he had just channeled Mal Reynolds.
I LOVED the episode, for the same reasons that you mention, Eloise. I knew what he would say, the sly rascal, as soon as he had reeled off the Mandarin! They also used the episode to skewer a lot of alien abduction nonsense besides riffing on the sepulchral silliness of the X-Files.

If they continue like this, I'll end up buying the DVDs!
For I come from an ardent race
That has subsisted on defiance and visions.

bretonlass

Post by bretonlass »

Just to say that this week's episode was all sorts of amazing.

And it goes to show that there are more ways to win a woman's affections and respect than bowling her over with physical charm (though in some cases it can't be harmful, especially if said woman does not protest too much).

Cheers,

Eloise :)
"First, you see the world in black and white. After a while, you begin to see the shades of gray. And if you but have the courage to try, you then get to see all the colours of the rainbow." My philosophy of life

Windwalker
Site Admin

Post by Windwalker »

Sadly, I missed this one! Can you tell me what happened?

bretonlass

Post by bretonlass »

Well, I don't want to spoil the fun in case you chance to see it via streaming on ABC's website, but suffice it to say that Castle and Beckett take some serious steps towards bringing their relationship to the next level... Just watch it, really. It's got Nathan Fillion at his best (with flashes of Mal-like daredevil heroism, even), and damn if I wouldn't trade places with Beckett on this one.

Cheers,

Eloise :)
"First, you see the world in black and white. After a while, you begin to see the shades of gray. And if you but have the courage to try, you then get to see all the colours of the rainbow." My philosophy of life

Windwalker
Site Admin

Post by Windwalker »

ABC shows the two most recent episodes of Castle on its web site, so I caught Knockdown tonight. Wowza! Though I still think the one with the fake alien abduction was the wittiest and most imaginative so far.